Internal GCManage Server Setup
- Verify requirements
- Two IP addresses
- Do an apt-get update and dist-upgrade before doing anything.
Install GCManage Release
- Upload latest production release from buildmgr
- untar release and run install-gcmanage script as root
- While installing, check out the subnet allocation spreadsheet and add new unique subnets for client and management VPNs. We'll refer to these later.
- When postfix prompts for server type, choose Satellite option and gcmmail.grandcare.com as the SMTP relay.
- Eventually you will be prompted for SSL certificate information. Details here are not important (self-signed cert).
Finalize GCManage Installation
- Turn off GCManage maintenance mode
- Upload latest Como production full installer
- Create and set default distributor under settings
- Make changes to /var/gcmanage/etc/gcmanage.ini including SMS provider credentials
Post GCM Install Tasks
- Edit /etc/openvpn/server-*.conf.
- Change the local value with the secondary IP address and the server subnet. Increment each subnet per config.
- Edit /etc/openvpn/management.conf
- Change the local value with the secondary IP address and the server subnet to the next available management subnet.
- Also change the route pushed to the subnet covering the four client subnets
# example push "route 10.100.32.0 255.255.252.0"
- Edit /etc/openvpn/ClientCA/keys/000-client.conf and make changes to the remote hostname if necessary. Usually vpn01.foobar.com.
- Restart openvpn and verify tun0 through tun4 interfaces are UP.
- Edit /var/gcmanage/etc/vpn.ini
Configure and test postfix
Refer to docs: Internal Configuring Postfix
Install Apache SSL Cert
Refer to docs: Internal Installing Apache SSL Certs
Refer to docs: Internal Configuring BackupPC Client
Document Sensitive Data
- Create a new entry in the password store with login credentials
- Attach /etc/openvpn/ClientCA/*.key files
- Attach /var/gcmanage/etc/gnupg
- Attach any Apache SSL keys
Setup Munin Monitoring
Refer to docs: Internal Configuring munin-node
Setup MySQL Replication
If reporting is necessary, refer to docs: GCProtected::MySQL_Replication