Acknowledgments are a good way to remind the resident to do certain tasks. They show a pop-up message and play an optional tone. The resident must acknowledge the message in order to make is disappear.
Acknowledgments can be added as the action of almost any rule.
- Select the "Request on-screen acknowledgment" option in the "THEN" drop-down list.
- Select a tone from the tone drop-down list. You can preview the tones by clicking on the speaker icon.
- Enter a message for the resident.
- Press "Save".
It is important to understand how Acknowledgments behave. Here are some points to consider:
- Pressing the "Acknowledge" button on the dialog makes it close.
- Pressing the "Remind Me Later" button makes the snooze for five minutes. It will then pop up again.
- Only one Acknowledgment shows up in the dialog at a time. Pressing the "Acknowledge" button will make the next Acknowledgment pop up. Acknowledgments display newest to oldest.
- Acknowledgments show for two hours after they are first triggered. After two hours the dialog disappears and the Acknowledgment is considered expired.
- The Acknowledgment dialog will refresh every five minutes after it is shown. This will re-ring the tone and show any new Acknowledgments.
- The Acknowledgment dialog will preempt ToDo and Calendar notifications. Otherwise, it will not replace any popped up dialog.
- Due to risk with conflicting with the Medication module, you cannot add Acknowledgment rule actions to Medication Rules.