Safety Precautions to Take in the Event of Changes in the Performance of the Device:
- There are no serviceable parts inside the computer system or any peripherals. Do not open any of the equipment or attempt to service it yourself.
- For your safety, read and follow the safety precautions on the equipment, and in the manufacturer-provided directions for use that come with the system and peripheral devices. Retain the manufacturer-provided safety precautions and instructions for use for future reference.
- Stop using the system if it is damaged.
- Call your GrandCare Service Provider or contact email@example.com for support if the system stops performing as expected. For example:
- If readings taken on health devices do not automatically record on your Touchscreen system
- If notifications are not received by caregivers when expected (when rule conditions defined through the Care Menu have been met)
- If you have any concerns about health or safety for yourself, other people, or the environment, resulting from the use of the system
- If the software does not look or behave as expected
- If the system does not turn on