For the typical user, System Status shows whether the system is currently turned on, and whether it is connected to the Internet. For Distributor and Group Admin users, System Status also can show the installation status of the system. Click the "View" button to see the system's status.
- Up - The System is up and running normally.
- Off - The System has been powered off either locally or remotely or is in the process of rebooting. The Care Menu, Touchscreen Emulation, and some data will be unavailable while the System is in this state.
- Down - The System is unexpectedly not up. This could be due to Internet connection problems, the System losing power, or some other fault. The Care Menu, Touchscreen Emulation, and some data will be unavailable while the System is in this state. Automated email notifications of the Down status are sent to the addresses associated with the account's distributor and group, as well as the global admin for the server. A follow-up email is sent to the same addresses when the system status returns to Up.
- Limited - The System is up and running but has limited Internet connectivity, usually due to network issues or a poor connection. In most cases this issue resolves itself after a few minutes. The Care Menu, Touchscreen Emulation, and some data will be unavailable while the System is in this state. After 30 minutes of no connectivity, the system status changes to DOWN.
Additional Statuses for Distributor and Group Admins
- Inventory - The System is currently inactive and ready to be assigned.
- Pre-Install - The System is assigned to an Account and ready to install software.
- Remote - The System belongs to another Server.
- Dead - The System is marked as no longer in service.