Add Inovonics Devices
From GrandCare Systems
Adding a Device
In order for the device to send readings to the GrandCare system, it must be configured on the system.
- Click the "Add New Device" button
- Enter a Location and Description for the device
- Select the proper device from the drop-down selection list (For Door sensors choose the option that includes the words "internal contact." External contact is for use with pressure mats.)
- Click the "Next" button
- Enter the device Serial Number (found on a sticker on the bottom of the device) - Enter the complete number, including any tiny numbers preceding the full-size numbers
- Click the "Finish" button
|Note: Some motion sensors have a setting jumper in them for FIX/VAR mode. If that's the case, set the jumper to FIX. This sets a fixed 180-second check-in time with the antenna, which works best with the system software.|
Note: For large installations with substantial distance between the sensor and transceiver, you can boost the signal with a repeater.
- How to add and configure the Inovonics Antenna
- How to use Motion Sensors, add rules, view readings, etc.
- How to use Door Sensors, add rules, view readings, etc.
- How to use Bed and Chair Sensors, add rules, view readings, etc.
- How to use Action Buttons, add rules, view button history, etc.
- Battery Tips for Sensors