Add X10 Devices
X10 devices are relatively inexpensive, reliable, and easy to set up. Depending on the device, you may need to set its code manually, or the device may broadcast its code for the system to hear and register. The devices that need to have the code set manually are sometimes a little trickier to set, and may lose their codes when the batteries die or are removed, so the automatic devices are preferable. Instructions for both approaches are given here. Choose the one that is appropriate for the device.
Adding a Device
In order for the device to send readings to the system, it must be configured on the system.
- Before you can add devices, you must configure the X10 Antenna
- Log in to the Online Care Portal
- Open the Care Menu
- Open the appropriate module
- Click the "Add New Device" button
- Enter a Location and Description for the device
- Select the proper device from the drop-down selection list
- Click the "Next" button
- For a device that broadcasts its code:
- Press the test button on the device, and wait a few moments until it is detected by the system.
- For a device that requires a manual code:
- Follow the directions in the section below to set the codes
- Enter the House Code and the Unit Code
- Press the "Finish" button
- How to add and configure the X10 Antenna
- How to use Motion Sensors, add rules, view readings, etc.
- How to use Door Sensors, add rules, view readings, etc.
- How to use Bed and Chair Sensors, add rules, view readings, etc.
- How to use Action Buttons, add rules, view button history, etc.
- Battery Tips for Sensors