Add a Z-Wave Lamp Module as a Repeater on an Existing Network
Z-Wave Lamp Modules are "always-on" devices. This means that, in addition to providing lighting control features, a z-wave lamp module can act as a repeater on the network, extending the range of wireless devices.
How to Add a Z-Wave Lamp Module to an Existing Network
Note that when adding a lamp module as part of a new z-wave network, refer to the directions for adding z-wave devices.
- Identify which wireless devices you would like to extend. It's important that the Lamp Module be placed between the system and these devices (as a repeater would be)
- Disconnect the Z-Stick from the system
- Press the blue-ringed button on the stick for several seconds to put it in Delete Mode – rapid blink
- At the first device, press the button on the device to delete it from the stick (Note: for Hawking contact sensors, press the button 3 times rapidly, rather than just once)
- Repeat the previous 4 steps for each device you want to extend
- Press the blue-ringed button to turn off delete mode, then press the button again to put the Z-Stick in Add Mode – slow blink
- Make sure the Lamp Module is plugged into an outlet (one that is always live, and not switch-operated)
- At the Lamp Module, press the button on the module to add it to the stick – the blue ring will go solid
- Do the same for all the devices you have removed in step 4
- Plug the Z-Stick back into the system
- On the touchscreen:
- Press the System (Gear) button
- Enter the 4-digit System PIN (which is set, and can be viewed, on the Advanced Settings screen in the Care Menu)
- Press "Devices"
- Press the "Scan Zwave Network" button - the scan will start automatically
- Some devices may show up as "Unknown Device" - these may have gone back to sleep. Press the program button on the device again, then click the Unknown Device on the Devices screen, and click the "Rescan" button.