Difference between revisions of "Pulse Oximeter"
m (Small format change)
m (Changed formatting back)
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
alignrightGC-01-OUM-0004, Rev I
Revision as of 20:44, 14 July 2017
A pulse oximeter can be added to the system to record blood oxygen levels.
The pulse oximeter is battery-operated and Bluetooth-enabled to communicate wirelessly with the system.
Residents can view their Health Readings by using the Wellness Button on the Touchscreen.
Taking a Pulse Oximetry Reading
Follow all manufacturer-provided directions for setting up and using the pulse oximeter, including battery installation, taking accurate readings, and device care.
Once the reading has been taken, it will be sent to the system automatically, and a wellness reading acknowledgement will appear on the screen.
There may be more than one model that can be used with your system. Use the manufacturer’s directions that came with the device to identify the model you have.
Adding a Pulse Oximeter to the System
All Wellness Devices require a Bluetooth Antenna to communicate with the touchscreen. These devices can be added through the Setup Wizard on the touchscreen or manually through the Online Care Portal.
- Through the Touchscreen Setup Wizard
- The first time you turn on a new system, the Setup Wizard will start automatically and guide you through setting up your Wellness Devices.
This is the easiest way to add devices, as the system will guide you through the setup process step-by-step.
- If you are adding a device to an already configured system, see the Setup Wizard page for instructions on re-starting the Wizard.
- Manually Through the Care Portal
- Log into the Online Care Portal and open the Care Menu.
- Click the "Wellness" button.
- Under Wellness Devices, click "Add New Device".
- Enter a name for the device to identify it.
- Select the proper device type and model.
When finished, click "Next" to continue.
- Enter the device Serial Number (found etched on the side of the device - note that only the last 6 digits of the Serial Number are needed).
- Enter the device Bluetooth ID (called the BDA on the device, and found etched on the side of the device).
- Click the "Finish" button.
- Manually Pairing a Pulse Oximeter
- The Pulse Oximeters require an additional step to complete pairing of the device.
- At the Touchscreen, touch the "Settings" Button.
- Enter the System PIN.
- Touch the "Devices" button.
- Select the pulse oximeter in the Devices list - the Pulse Oximeter Monitor Details Screen will appear.
- Touch the "Pair Device" button.
- Follow the directions on the screen: insert your finger into the device, and then touch the "Start Pairing" button on the touchscreen.
- Wait while it pairs - you will see a Success Message when pairing is complete.
If you are having trouble adding the pulse oximeter to the system.
- Make sure you have the Bluetooth Antenna set up correctly.
- Make sure you have entered the device Serial Number and Bluetooth ID correctly.
- Make sure you have selected the correct device type and model.
- Make sure that this pulse oximeter is not configured on any other systems in Bluetooth range.
- Try doing the pairing steps again.