A weight scale can be added to the GrandCare System to record weight readings.
The weight scale is battery-operated and Bluetooth-enabled to communicate wirelessly with the system.
Residents can view their Health Readings by using the Wellness Button on the Touchscreen.
Taking a Weight Reading
Follow all manufacturer-provided directions for setting up and using the weight scale, including battery installation, taking accurate readings, and device care.
Once the reading has been taken, it will be sent to the system automatically.
There are variety of models that can be used with the GrandCare System. For a full listing of supported health devices, see our Supported Hardware List. Use the manufacturer’s directions that came with the device to identify the model you have.
Adding a Weight Scale to the GrandCare System
All Wellness Devices require a Bluetooth Antenna to communicate with the touchscreen. These devices can be added through the Setup Wizard on the touchscreen or manually through the Online Care Portal.
- Through the Touchscreen Setup Wizard
- The first time you turn on a new GrandCare System, the Setup Wizard will start automatically and guide you through setting up your Wellness Devices.
This is the easiest way to add devices, as the system will guide you through the setup process step-by-step.
- If you are adding a device to an already configured system, see the Setup Wizard page for instructions on re-starting the Wizard.
- Manually Through the Care Portal
- Log into the Online Care Portal and open the Care Menu.
- Click the "Wellness" Button.
- Under Wellness Devices, click "Add New Device".
- Enter a name for the device to identify it.
- Select the proper device type and model.</br>When finished, click "Next" to continue.
- Enter the device Serial Number (found on a sticker on the bottom of the device).
- Enter the device Bluetooth ID (10-digit number found on a sticker on the bottom of the device - e.g. 00A0960D7944).
- Click the "Finish" button.
If you are having trouble adding the weight scale to the system.
- Make sure you have the Bluetooth Antenna set up correctly.
- Make sure you have entered the device Serial Number and Bluetooth ID correctly.
- Make sure that this weight scale is not configured on any other systems in Bluetooth range.