A weight scale can be added to the system to record weight readings.
The weight scale is battery-operated and Bluetooth-enabled to communicate wirelessly with the system.
Residents can view their Health Readings by using the Wellness Button on the Touchscreen.
Taking a Weight Reading
Follow all manufacturer-provided directions for setting up and using the weight scale, including battery installation, taking accurate readings, and device care.
Once the reading has been taken, it will be sent to the system automatically, and a wellness reading acknowledgement will appear on the screen.
There may be more than one model that can be used with your system. Use the manufacturer’s directions that came with the device to identify the model you have.
- Identifying the Device Model
- Each weight scale displays its model number on the front face of the device.
- UC-321PBT Weight Scale
- UC-351PBT-Ci Weight Scale
- UC-355PBT-Ci Weight Scale
Adding a Weight Scale to the System
All Wellness Devices require a Bluetooth Antenna to communicate with the touchscreen. These devices can be added through the Setup Wizard on the touchscreen or manually through the Online Care Portal.
- Through the Touchscreen Setup Wizard
- The first time you turn on a new system, the Setup Wizard will start automatically and guide you through setting up your Wellness Devices.
This is the easiest way to add devices, as the system will guide you through the setup process step-by-step.
- If you are adding a device to an already configured system, see the Setup Wizard page for instructions on re-starting the Wizard.
- Manually Through the Care Portal
- Log into the Online Care Portal and open the Care Menu.
- Click the "Wellness" Button.
- Under Wellness Devices, click "Add New Device".
- Enter a name for the device to identify it.
- Select the proper device type and model (A&D UC-321PBT, A&D UC-351PBT-Ci, or A&D UC-351PBT-Ci Weight Scale).</br>When finished, click "Next" to continue.
- Enter the device Serial Number (found on a sticker on the bottom of the device).
- Enter the device Bluetooth ID (10-digit number found on a sticker on the bottom of the device - e.g. 00A0960D7944).
- Click the "Finish" button.
- Manually Pairing the A&D UC-351PBT-Ci and UC-351PBT-Ci Weight Scales
- The A&D UC-351PBT-Ci and UC-351PBT-Ci weight scales require an additional step to complete pairing of the device.
- At the Touchscreen, touch the "Settings" Button.
- Enter the System PIN.
- Press the "Devices" button.
- Press the Weight Scale in the Devices list - the Weight Scale Details Screen will appear.
- Touch the "Pair Device" button.
- Follow the directions on the screen: Press and hold the power button on the device until "Pr" appears, then release the power button.
- Press and release the power button again.
- The device will display "End" and turn off.
- Remove, then reinstall the batteries into the device.
- The device will now show "Pr" on the display.
- Press the "OK" button on the touchscreen to start pairing.
- Wait while it pairs - you will see a Success Message when pairing is complete.
If you are having trouble adding the weight scale to the system.
- Make sure you have the Bluetooth Antenna set up correctly.
- Make sure you have entered the device Serial Number and Bluetooth ID correctly.
- Make sure you have selected the correct device type and model.
- Make sure that this weight scale is not configured on any other systems in Bluetooth range.